What is Work Based Learning?
- Work-based learning is an authentic learning experience that allows students to explore their career goals, interests, and abilities while applying their academic and technical knowledge and skills in a real-world context.
- Work-based Learning activities are planned and supervised by instructional staff in collaboration with business, industry, or community partners.
- High quality work-based learning will provide effective and equitable experiences to empower all students to become confident workers and culturally competent citizens of New York State.
Check out our WBL Newsletter for up-to-date information
The best type of preparation for the world of work is experiential.
Hands – on work in a chosen field with support truly enables students to understand the employer employee relationship and avoid many career pitfalls.
SWBOCES can facilitate these all important relationships.
The Work Based Learning Coordinator can:
- Provide career exploration for our students
- Arrange for job development and placement with local entrepreneurs and businesses
- Manage service-based learning within Westchester County
- Create workplace initiatives with local school districts
Attention Security, Law & Policing Students!
Our Industry Partners
Valhalla Animal Hospital
Westchester Medical Center
My Sheek Wardrobe
WCC College Radio
Pleasantville Public Access TV Station
Rye TV Station
White Plain TV Station
Greenburgh TV Station
Westchester Country Club
Tarrytown House Estate
Knollwood Country Club
Gulf Gas Station White Plains
Pro Autobody of Rye
Rockland Community College Automotive Program
Crystal Clear Collision
ARCHITECTURE & INTERIOR DESIGN
Ed Eliott Architect
Mt Vernon Chambers of Commerce
Pleasantville Chambers of Commerce
Greenburgh Town Hall
White Plains Youth Bureau
Westchester Youth Bureau
New Rochelle Youth Bureau
Mt. Vernon Youth Bureau
Rye Rotary Club
Pleasantville Rotary Club
Scarsdale Business Alliance
Westchester County Association
Office of Westchester County Executive
Hudson Valley Center for Innovation
Valhalla Ambulance Corps
Pleasantville Ambulance Corp
Westchester County Department of Emergency Services
The Color Group
The Inside Press
The Hair Lounge Salon
Speakeasy Co-working space