PROGRAM DESCRIPTION - CISCO
Are you an aspiring computer tech? The Cisco Academy curriculum is designed for students who are seeking entry-level information technology jobs or plan to pursue more specialized skills. This course provides comprehensive coverage of networking topics ranging from fundamentals to advanced applications and services.
Course available: Grades 11 - 12
Course Length: 2 years
Credits: *Up to 4 CTE credits a year
Available high school credits: 1.0 English, 1.0 Mathematics 1.0 Science
UNITS of STUDY:
- Data Migration in Windows
- Manage Virtual Memory in Windows
- Perform installation of Microsoft Windows operation systems
- Read and interpret Charts/Tables/Graphs of manufacturer’s specifications
- Principles of Networking: Explain components and types of computer networks
- Laptop Configuration: Explain how to configure laptop power settings and wireless settings
- Mobile Operating Systems: Explain the purpose and characteristics of mobile operating systems
- Basic Troubleshooting: Process for Mobile, Linux, and OS X Operating Systems
- Installing and Configuring Printers Install a printer.
- Sharing Printers Configure printer sharing.
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting Printers Explain how to improve printer availability.
COLLEGE CREDITS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Upon successful completion of this program, students may receive college credits pending established procedures. Students may also receive an industry certification pending successful completion of an industry certification exam. All students completing this program and passing the appropriate industry certification exam will receive an endorsed high school diploma. Please see below for college credits and industry certifications available.
CAREER PATH AND OPPORTUNITIES
Students who complete the program may seek employment or continue their studies in any of the following areas:
- Computer Technician
- Computer Networking
- Network Designer
- Network Engineer
- System Administrator
- Software Development
- Application Developer
- IOT Device Manager